Friday 14 September 2012

Tips and Toes

My Nail Art :D

Nail art is something that I love doing on my nails.. Its been 7-8 years since I have been doing nail art.
Initially, I never had pretty nail.. I always used to bite them ( gross )... It was that day, when my friend slapped me for biting my nails, I stopped the bad habit.. It was really hard for me not to bite my nails, so she told me " Probably, If u paint your nails beautifully.. u wouldn't bite them..!"

Yes!! I started with the new trend-nail paints in the market..
It was "glitter nail enamel with stars "..<3 I loved it... I was the first girl in my school to wear it.. I felt so beautiful, confident, blissful and what not....
Then I improved with 2 tone colors, Horizontal ,Vertical lines, checks, Micky, heats and all kid stuff..
Then I moved further when nail art started becoming popular and Trendy...

These are some of my nail art exploration that I do every week..
 Smurfs





                    (sorry about the bad picture quality)










blend
                                                    (will be updating on my nail art snaps)

It is reported that it was the Japanese and funnily enough the Italians (not sure if it was the Romans but will try and confirm later) who first started to add color to their nails around 3000 BC.  
The Chinese applied a type of "lacquer" made out of various flower petals such as roses, impatiens (bizzy, lizzies) orchids and beeswax and gelatin. The nails would have this mix applied to the nails overnight and the result would be "stained nails shiny nails" the next day... :o Amazing..!!

It is also in the per-history where royalty is shown in colors of gold, silver, red and black  for their nails..

In the present trend, 
Nails art has influenced so many that there are too many ideas and techniques to make your nails as luxurious or pretty for any occasion..
  • Glitter powders
  • Stickers
  • Metal foils
  • Acrylic art
  • Plaster of pairs molds
  • clay canes ..
Are some examples of amazing nail art technique ...


Credits:http://www.salongeek.com
                  //www.Wikipedia.com
               


 

1 comment:

  1. You've got some fancy nail art visuals there. especially liked your smurf nails! Some more visuals of nail art (not your own) that are wild / popular, celebrities sporting wacky nail art etc.. could have been added.

    ReplyDelete